AARINENA has the following objectives:
- Foster the development of agricultural research in the Near East and North Africa Region.
- Promote the exchange of agricultural scientific and technical experience and information.
- Strengthen national agricultural research capacities for providing timely and necessary data and information to policy-makers.
- Encourage the establishment of appropriate cooperative research and training programmes in accordance with identified regional, bilateral or national needs and priorities.
- Advise members on issues pertinent to research organization and management.
- Strengthen cross-linkages between national, regional and international research centres and organizations, including universities, through involvement in jointly planned research and training programs.
- Assist in the mobilization of financial and
- other forms of support to all efforts aiming at strengthening agricultural research and technology development in the Region.