Association of Agricultural Research Institutions in the Near East & North Africa (AARINENA) arranged a meeting for Consortium of Farmers Organizations in West Asia and North Africa Region (CFOWANA) on Sept. 12, 2019 at Amman- Jordan.
The meeting of the Consortium of Farmers Organizations in West Asia and North Africa (CFOWANA) was held on 12 September 2019 in Amman / Jordan. The meeting was attended by decision makers and experts from farmers’ organizations in Arab countries.
During the meeting, the agricultural institutions identified their roles in the agricultural renaissance.
This meeting included the following participants:
- Al-Beqaa Farmers and Peasants’ Association / Lebanon
- Federation of Agricultural Productive Societies and Livestock in Kuwait
- Union of Palestinian Farmers Associations
- Oman Agricultural Society
- Union of Organizations of Agricultural and Animal Production Professions in Sudan
- Agricultural Cooperative Union in Yemen
- The General Union of Jordanian Farmers
The proceedings of the meeting:
1.Executive Secretary of the Association of Agricultural Research Institutions in the Near East and North Africa (ARINENA) Dr. Rida Shibli welcomed the attendees
2. Participants Introduced the role of their institutions in general
3. Discussed the current situation of the Consortium of Farmers’ Organizations in West Asia and North Africa (CFOWANA)
4. Discussed the CFOWANA charter and make the required modifications
- The first decision: Trying to register the Consortium of Farmers Organizations in West Asia and North Africa (CFOWANA)
- Second decision : After the deliberations, a subsequent meeting would be held later on to hold the elections of the consortium’s Executive Committee composed of six members one as a Chair Person and the five members will be representing each of West Asia and North Africa five sub regions (Maghreb Sub-Region, Nile Valley and Red Sea Sub-Region, Mashreq Sub-Region, Arabian Peninsula Sub-Region and West Asian Sub-Region)